Child Protection Policy
Child Protection Policy of Beneavin De La Salle College Beneavin Road Finglas www.beneavin.com
The Board of Management recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the school’s policies, practices and activities. Accordingly, in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Education and Skills’ Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools, the Board of Management of Beneavin De la Salle College has agreed the following child protection policy:
1. The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully and without modification the Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools as part of this overall child protection policy.
2. The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Aideen Cassidy Principal
3. The Deputy Designated Liaison Person (Deputy DLP) is Tony Doherty Deputy Principal
4. In its policies, practices and activities, Beneavin De La Salle College will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare:
The school will
• recognise that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations;
• fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters
• adopt safe practices to minimise the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and protect workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may leave themselves open to accusations of abuse or neglect;
• develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the education of their children; and
• fully respect confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters.
The school will also adhere to the above principles in relation to any adult pupil with a special vulnerability.
5. Please see the following policies in relation to child protection
- DES Child Protection procedures for primary and post primary schools
- Code of Behaviour Beneavin De La Salle College
- Anti Bullying policy
- Safety Statement
- Professional Standards for Teachers
- Children First: National Guidelines for the Protection and welfare of children – copy on staff server and available in Principal’s office
The Board has ensured that the necessary policies, protocols or practices as appropriate are in place in respect of each of the above listed items.
6. This policy has been made available to school personnel and the Parents’ Association and is readily accessible to parents on request. A copy of this policy will be made available to the Department and the patron if requested.
7. This policy will be reviewed by the Board of Management once in every school year.
This policy was adopted by the Board of Management on 14th September 2021
Date of next review: September 2022
Click on the link below to find the Child Protection Procedures
child-safeguarding-and-risk-assessment-BENEAVIN September 2021FINAL RATIFIED 14TH SEPTEMBER