Over the three years at Junior Cycle students study a wide variety of geographical concepts.
First year students study the Physical Environment including;
- The Solar System.
- Plate Tectonics.
- Volcanoes & Earthquakes
- Mechanical and Chemical Weathering
- Mass Movement.
- Rivers The Sea
- Weather & Climate
These topics are studied with a link to current affairs and news events that relate to them. Students will also be introduces to Ordnance Survey maps and map reading.
In second year the concept of map reading and photgraph interpretation is further developed. Population is also studied during second year.
Urban and economic geography are studied during third year and students focus on the Junior Certificate exam using past exam questions.
The factsheet below will provide you with an overview of Junior Cycle Geography: Just click on the link below:
- After School Study Continues Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 4-5.30pm
- 1st yr soccer win vs St. Vincent’s
- Skiing Trip to Italy
- Congratulations to the winners of Mr Nevin’s Christmas Quiz and Mr Sweetman’s goal mile. We’ll done to all who took part. Happy Christmas!
- All set for Mr Nevin’s famous Christmas Quiz!